microbore draining down

16 Dec 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I need to remove a rad on microbore and replace with towel warmer - the only drain point I can find is on the back of boiler - none on rads - is this typical? system is gravity fed. The flow and return pipes enter and exit one end of rad - does the rad valve only shut off flow ? if so I presume I must drain down before removing rad?
Whats the name for this type of rad valve?
Thanks in anticipation
Sponsored Links
gravity fed microbore, are you sure you really need that towel warmer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links