MICROBORE WITH CONDENSER BOILERS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i have a 8mm microbore central heating system that is run by a very reliable potterton 25 years back boiler, However it is not that economical and i wonder if it will last Would it be possible to install a condenser/combi to run with the microbore as the access to pipes would be a right pain with tiles /laminate i have been told that when the back boiler expires, touch wood, i will not be able to replace with a back boiler
.Any advise for starters to educate
thanks Pat

Sponsored Links
There are no problems doing this, apart from the fact that Microbore cannot be successfully cleansed using a powerflusher.

My company now recommends a Magnaclean or similar magnetic particle trap to be fitted in such situations.

You will need to resite a wall hung boiler and this may lead to issues with your laminate floor, but there is no substitute for seeing the job so I suggest inviting quotes from a couple of local reputable companies.

i also have twin entry ( maxitwin valves fitted ) would they be alright . i have no TRV,s fitted

Maxitwins make no odds. You will have a job fitting TRVs to these but it possible.

Sponsored Links
thanks SIMOND
so to sum up i can run a microbore system on a combi using the crap remover you suggest and dont need to have TRV . Sorry to be a bit finnicky .just want to be prepaired

Under building regs you should have TRVs in sleeping areas but with maxitwin this is difficult.

All I can say is that we put a disclaimer in our quotes under these situations. With certain rads you can extend the 8mm and use two conventional bottom entry 8mm valves but this is way beyond the call of duty :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back