Microgyr 40 Replacement / Manual

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help.
My new house has a microgyr 40 programmer for the heating controls and after googling for a few hours i cannot find a manual for it.
I was wondering if a) anyone had a manual
or b) is there anything that is a straight swap and easy to do? i'm ok with wiring things i just obviously don't want to break my heating in winter so a straight swap would be much easier.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
i found that but the instructions for the actual unit state

5. Once you have completed the above you are now ready to connect the
RWB29 to the backplate, If the RWB29 is replacing another Landis & Gyr or
Landis & Staefa product as listed below no wiring changes are required,
RWB1, RWB2, RWB20, RWB40, RWB200, RWB200cw, RWB252, RWB252cw,
RWB270, RWBXP, Gloworm Mastermind, Potterton Miniminder, Sankey
Sunline.
6. If the RWB29 is replacing another Landis & Gyr or Landis & Staefa product
as listed below, these products are NOT suitable for replacement by the
RWB29. Return the RWB29 to your stockist/installer and request the RWB27
which will fully interface with your old units backplate.
with the exception of the RWB3 which will require a link inserted from L to
2 on the existing backplate RWB3, RWB7, RWB30, RWB50, RWB100, RWB152,
RWB152cw, RWB170 and RWBXT.

It doesn't list the microgyr 40 anywhere in there so was unsure if it would be a simple swap.

It doesn't list the microgyr 40 anywhere in there so was unsure if it would be a simple swap.
Yes you are correct. I've just read those instructions and it is not clear, although in the sales blurb it does mention your Microgyr 40 is a straight swap. I'm confused and not sure what to advise, but my gut feeling is that it would swap OK without wiring changes. Sorry not to be more specific. There maybe someone on here that has experience of this and will advise.

Sponsored Links
Some Honeywells have the same wiring diagram as the RWB29 and state they are a straight swap with the microgyr 40. So, in a round about way, I would also say the microgyr 40 can be swapped with the RWB29 :)

Microgyr $), if I remember correctly, is only a single channel timeswitch. Remove it from the wiring base and look at the wiring diagram on the back. If it only shows one switch, then you need a RWB27.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back