Micromark Multi Connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found one of these behind my mothers sideboard. There was nothing attached to it but when I plug it in a red light comes on. Can anyone tell me what it possibly could have been used for please (she didn't even know it was there and how long it had been there for)

Sponsored Links
For plugging in 4 things without taking up as much space as a normal 4-gang trailing socket...

it doesn't matter what it WAS used for, the question is what do you want to do with it?

Unless the pesron who put it there tells you, you never will know what it was there for, any one can only guess.

IIRC, they dont have individual fuses in the 4 plugs, therefore these things are questionable as to whether they are safe - though no les safe than the european way of doing things.

Sponsored Links
I used to have one in my unit, plugged in to it was-
Hifi
tv
cd
video
You even had space to put labels in them for what they did.

They were quite common before the moulded plugs came out, people tend to use them long 4 way sockets on leads now.

Right, I see now. I am not going to use it I was just not sure what it was for. There was nothing plugged into it, so all I could see was some sockets for 3 small pins and thought it may be something to do with alarms or telecoms.
Thanks for your help

Right, I see now. I am not going to use it I was just not sure what it was for.
It is only good for small appliances really, and too use it you would need to cut off the manufacturers moulded plug, and fit them small plugs on.

That might then invalidate any makers guarantee on that appliance if it has one.

She probably has the plugs in a draw somewhere attached to wires or in the loft on an old hifi or something.

Used to run a commodore plus 4 and associated peripherals from the same dist unit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back