micron pcb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone had any problems with new pcbs on these?, I have replaced one on a 70ff due to it failing to rectify but the new one doesn't even ignite it simply slow flashes the 2 green lights on the front.

Sponsored Links
Have only ever fitted one on a 70FF, and it was fine, but the appliance was never right until I replaced the single electrode with a dual electrode type.

Perhaps a silly question, but have you following the fault-finding chart? And you say that both LEDs are flashing, but at what rate? Different rates mean different things - according to the servicing instructions there's only one permutation where they're flashing at the same rate, which means "Phase Error (Blocking)". **** knows what that means, but GW should be able to tell you...

The problem is there is no fault finding chart for the new pcb as it has different lights than the old one and I did put on the new electrode aswell. I rang GW at 4.55 last night and sat on hold until the line just cut off at 5.30 exactly.....god I hate glow-worms but I'll try again this morning with another board.

First of all make sure the jumper is in right position then check earth is tight & on right connection (i have put earth on wrong place myself but pcb knows it & usually flashes both neons)

Sponsored Links
Two slow flashes indicate polarity wrong check its wired in correctly permanent, live switch live, neutral, and earth and check pump over-run is wired.Did you have orange lights before if so i dont know if that was phase sensitive.The new board there are two types pijnenburg or the new rickett board the difference is the latest will have a turquoise spark unit on it they are supposed to be better not needing a capacitor fitted.I have had shed loads of problems with these boilers they are very tempremental as mentioned before the electrode has changed to a twin also make sure the ignition rate is correct

the micron 60 upwards has not got a jumper the 30/50 has the jumper

:oops: guess what they had a sparky in the other day and no heating since. Another one of those 5 o'clock jobs you take for granted and come back to bite you on the arse.....good call gg.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back