Microsoft Office 365

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought my daughter a new laptop last year for her college work and with it came office 365. About 6 weeks ago it started telling her it was time to renew her subscription. I wasn't aware we had to pay out to renew every 12 months, is this correct ??

Sponsored Links
Yes but there's another version which is free after you've bought it. IIRC it's called the student version or similar.

See other discussions advising you to get openoffice instead.

Office 365 is a subscription service so the message is correct. Some other options that could be considered:

OpenOffice (as mentioned).
Libre Office (similar to OpenOffice).
MS Office Home and Student 2016 (about £95)

A couple of online office suites you could look into using:

MS Office Online.
Google Docs.

My own preference is for MS Office Home and Student 2016 but the other options are also good and worth considering.

Sponsored Links
I'd be interested to learn what advantages Office 365 has, bearing in mind that you are obliged to pay for its use every year.

I bought Office 2007 and that's it. No further payments. I also have (the free) LibreOffice, which I obtained more recently. I use MS Office purely because I am used to it, but I have experimented with LibreOffice and, to be honest, have found it able to do everything I can do with MS Office.

Office365 for education is free than office 365 home.

Back