microwave fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my microwave trips the house rcd when i push the button that opens the door. This energises the microwave but then it trips the rcd. Any ideas on a cure?
thanks

Sponsored Links
i take it you mean the microwave trips the rcd no matter which room you try it in?

In that case i suggest you throw the microwave away.

regretfully i am being serious, it obviously has a mechanical fault, this fault is something worn out /away, it will be a lot of gief getting a new part, not to mention the cost.

also microwaves are LETHAL due to a capatitor they have

with the cost of a new microwave being so low, a reapir is usually uneconomical, and also may take saome time

Sponsored Links
cheers breezer.

interested about this killer capacitor...do tell?

As breezer says the charge from the capacitor can KILL very easily.
Most times if the machine is working properly there is a bleed resistor built in to the cap that will discharge it over a period of time. However these do go open sometimes and if the magnetron is not working there can be up to 8,000 volts sitting on the capacitor. OUCH>

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back