Lamona Microwave (Howdens)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Lamona integrated microwave oven which was installed as part of a Howdens kitchen and both the fan and light come on imediately the door is opened. The builder who arranged this installation says this is normal with integrated microwaves. That said, I'm beginning to think that a door switch may be at fault. Having only owned stand alone microwaves to date I am non the wiser as I have never experienced the fan and light coming on when the door of a microwave is opened.
Just enquiring to question whether the builder is spinning me a line or not??
Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sponsored Links
The fan and light in my micro wave comm on when the door is opened.

Good because it means I can see what I am doing when putting things in or taking then out.
Free standing Sharp Carousel ( ancient but still in perfect working order )

Grateful if someone else who has an integrated microwave could take a look at their own appliance and let me know if the fan/light comes on as soon as the door is opened.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
thanks for that,
Even Howdens can't tell me. They believe the fan should come on but are not 100% sure. If anyone else who has an integrated microwave can take a look at their own appliance and let me know I would be very grateful.

Hi Blackbird
I too have a new Howdens kitchen with Lamona microwave with a light and fan that comes on when I open the door (and don't know if this is OK)
You wrote last September. Have you found out anything more?

Hi,
Yes, your microwave is working as it should. My local Howdens were using the same micro in their kitchen area and both light and fan came on when the door was opened. Something to do with being an integrated micro I believe.
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back