Howdens tall single oven/microwave tower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am in the process of installing our howdens kitchen and i have got the standard size oven tower. The config of the shelvingon delivery is for a double oven. I am having a single oven and microwave directly above it - the dimensions are obviously different to that as a doubke oven and corresponding shelves

I have also had a separate appliance shelf delivered for the tower.

Just a few questions:
1. Do i need to cut out the backing panel for ventilation, but more so, so that the oven fits?! It is currently hanging approx 4.5cm over the front as it wont go all the way back.
2. Do i need to have a shelf inbetween the top of the oven and the microwave - i'm assuming the microwave doesn't just sit on top of the oven? - and that is the reason for having the shelf delivered?
3. if this is the case - the pre drilled holes in the carcass dont seem to match up, neither for the slef or for the door hinge we are having at the bottom - is this common practice with howdens?

Thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
Mark, I am a DIYer, so my response is from occasional experience:
1) My oven cupboard did not come with back panel, so can simply see wall. So yes remove back panel where not needed and where oven slides in.
2) Yes you need a shelf for each oven / microwave. Remember to check specs as some ovens need a small gap at their top and below above shelf for ventilation.
3) The holes in side walls are their guess at where you want to put shelves, so make your own for where you need them. Not sure about door hinge as that was okay for me. But on other units I have had to put hinge screws into side panels when there were no guide holes.
SFK

Have you got it the right way up , some towers are symmetrical while other have a top and bottom. Are there any holes on the base or top as these could be for a drop door rather than side hinges .( and would also indicate which way up you have it).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back