Double Oven and Microwave Housing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am doing a makeover of the our kitchen and one of the things I want to do is merge the microwave into the existing oven housing as shown to free up some counter space.

The housing is doweled and possibly glued but I need to drop the oven lower to create the space for the microwave above it. Anyone on here done this before and I can reuse the existing carcass without breaking it?

The measurement of carcass from top of upper door to the bottom of lower draw is 1970mm. I think the overall height of unit from floor is 2150mm

double oven is about 880, microwave needs a trim kit which I think is about 400 Are these things standard sizes and if so what door sizes do I need to order for top and bottom?

Thanks!

IMG_20150715_190337.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes , can be done, fixed shelves can be cut thru centre to remove , only problem is getting new door to fit, are they still available?Microwave trim kits are for specific models not usually for basic freestanding models.

Thanks Foxhole.

I will buy a Microwave that looks almost identical to the one pictured, it has a compatible trim kit. (NN-TKT59SFP
Microwave Oven Trim Kit for NN-ST479SBPQ)

Question is, does this vent at the front?

The doors will need replacing for sure. I can get a good match online but what I am unsure about is the dimensions. I might need to buy the microwave first and install it all then work out what doors will fit. Wonder if I need a filler panel? Drawer at bottom and cupboard above?

with ovens and other hot things, it may be helpful to remove (or at last cut a hole in) the back panel of the housing, so that air can circulate up the service gap at the back and escape upwards

Sponsored Links
Trim will allow venting if required and you will already have ventilation if it's got a double oven in unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back