Tall Oven Housing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a simple question for someone in the know!

I am in the process of sorting out the kitchen. There is a tall oven housing, which I assume previously used to house a double oven. I want to combine a standard single multifunction oven together with a microwave with built in kit.

Can anyone tell me if there is any normal convention as to if the microwave should go on top or bottom of the single oven in the housing?

Your thoughts appreciated.

Regards

IMPEX.

Sponsored Links
Which ever you find easier, so long as one does not "contravine" the makers requirements of the other

I would put whatever is going to take the heaviest items be on the bottom..
so the xmas turkey in the oven means that the oven goes on the bottom at a reasonable height..

however, bear in mind that you will be taking hot things ( many inliquid form ) from the microwave.. so don't mount it too high..

IMPEX said:
Can anyone tell me if there is any normal convention as to if the microwave should go on top or bottom of the single oven in the housing?
My microwave is at eye level height and the oven just below it, has to modify the housing to make it fit, also I have made a drawer underneath the oven.

Sponsored Links
I modified a standard cabinet, by dropping the oven shelf, fitting a double oven & grill, then putting a microwave above.
You need to look at door sizes & pake your unit round those sizes, although I did need to reduce my bottom door height.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back