mid life crisis?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hubby is funny.
He is forty and swears that he doesnt care about his age.
I think that he does actually....just a lickle ickle tinsy winsy bit!!!

he took up the gym and running and cycling at 40. (not that I am complaining.. I like the new look taut well er.. tauter look tummy.)

He started to bother about his hair (Iused to shave it but then that wasnt good enough)

He will swear he doesnt care but I have caught him scrutinising his hair for thinning and grey.

If he gets a compliment from one of the many girls at work, he pretends to brush it off .. yet recites it over and over at any opportunity.

And... he has started to ogle at younger women!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dont get me wrong... Im not being the jealous wife here, I feel secure enough with him but I do find it a source of amusement!!

Im certain if we could afford it, he would be out buying a sports car next!

He and I laugh about this but I wonder if any of you ever think about your age???

Sponsored Links
ive been there Toffs. now im fancying 50 year olds ( women )
i feel a hot flush coming on.............................

toffee said:
And... he has started to ogle at younger women!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

The older he gets, the more of them there will be. Only yesterday I saw an attractive young girl in her mid-40s :D

Sponsored Links
My wife and I were talking once about a group of our son's friends, and she was saying something about one of the girls. I didn't know who she meant, and she said "She's the pretty one".

I said "I'm a 50-year old man - all 16-year old girls look pretty to me".

I dont doubt he would love the chance and I just have to hope it wont happen. :eek:
I dont worry about that though...

I think he definately has realised that he is not a 20 year old any more and doesnt want to be seen as old (which of course he isnt)

I also think that he is aware that he can no longer play rugby ( injures too easy)

He is good at squash but is not as fit as he used to be and when playing leagues against younger men, comes off dripping in sweat.
so he feels he needs to make more and more effort.

I do think that he is aware of how he is seen by women too ( not that he is a stud or a womaniser)
but I dont think he is ready to run off with a young girl yet.
:eek:

I have suggested that if he is playing away... he may want to bring his choice of underwear more up to date!!! :LOL: :LOL:

If you discover him plucking his nostril hair, that's a warning sign.

I have suggested that if he is playing away... he may want to bring his choice of underwear more up to date!!! :LOL: :LOL:[/quote]
be suspicious if he asks for calvin klein undies :LOL:

oh dear... Im going to check his mobile phone!!!

He bought a ear and hair trimmer off ebay last week :eek:

Hmmm... :evil: :evil: :evil:

and I believed him that the ear rings were really a suprise for me!!!!

Im going to sew some chillis in his undies :eek:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

been there last summer ...
my Reggie Perrin moment ..lol

some clues for you ...

when he stops having loving sex

when he starts going out alone

very furtive with his mobie

you an the kids are History ...

thats interesting because I have read in magazines ( so rubbish probably) that if your partner suddenly increases the sex thing with you and ups their attention towards you... that was meant to be a warning sign... a sort of way of covering their ways.

toffee
I said when the "Loving " sex stops ... not that he stops sex ...... if he starts to bang you like an old hooker thats different lol

Steady on, Moz, not all women are unfaithful.

No!!!
and now Im paranoid about sending the post!!!

I have to be honest and say that though I laugh with my hubby about other women/men.. it has never ( thank fully) reared its ugly head for us and I havent really taken it seriously.

Maybe complacency is not good either...

I posted this for a laugh ...
I feel secure... without wanting to sound arrogant..

I have prided myself with being easy going and understanding ..
accepting that as individuals we can fancy others without acting on it.
My hubby works with lots of females... 2 of which Ive met and they didnt realise who I was and they .. well.. liked my hubby..
and I didnt say who I was in case THEY felt embarrassed....

This was not a problem, in fact it was a compliment.. I think my hubby is gorgeous (even though he does my head in at times)

I work in a mainly male environment.
Most of the men I dont think would play away ( some would )
but they still say all sorts of sexy things.
Thats okay is it not?
They love their wives and kids ( I only know one male gay couple and the man is very naughty and a hoot but faithful)

I didnt post for reassurance...

but it is interesting getting a male view.

Sponsored Links
Back