Mid position valve problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Recently I have noticed the mid position valve on my plumbing system appears to be clicking. Upon doing some investigation, it appears that with the controller set to CH only, the system does not fire into life. If HW is then selected with the CH still set on, the pump fires into life, the valve moves from the H position to the M position and heating and hot water warm up. If i then pull the HW tank thermostat away from the side of the tank or turn the setpoint down (with CH & HW Still selected), the valve moves back to the H position and the pump and the boiler stop. With HW only selected, the system seems ok. The plumbing/control system has not been touched at all and has worked ok until recently. Is this likely to be an issue with the valve itself, or some other element of the system? The valve is an iFlo MA1.

Thanks for advice in advance!!

J

Sponsored Links
Replace the actuator. I think you'll find the Drayton MA1 will fit. It might last 2 years

Thanks. Why do you only think 2 years? The existing one is the original so 19 years old.... Is there something else that will affect the life of a replacement??

Sponsored Links
I find these the most unreliable of valves. I have had several that have only lasted2 or 3 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back