midway central heating vavle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello can anyone help me?
My midway central heating vavle won't switch over to hot water when I call for hot water it just stays on heating and heats radiators has the vavle broke ,is there any way of pushing it over manualy I have not used the boiler to heat the watersince the winter as I use the imersion in summer months but the immersion has just packed up and the wife needs a hot bath, any help would be great... :confused:

Sponsored Links
sounds like the spindle is stuck or motor packed up. is the actuator removable?

Not to sure Mick Its a lifestlye valve with two clips on the front,I was not sure if I could take this off and try to move it over .
Thanks for your reply.

cant picture your particular valve, can you post a pic

Sponsored Links
Yeah I will try to I can take the top off but was just wondering if anything is going to pop out :p

No I think its just the outer casing but as I open it I can see a few small springs and a piece of metal I will try and upload a pic but it wont allow me to do it at the moment..

is there a black button at the back, if there is press it and lift the top off, If no button head is not removable

try turning power to heating system off, the circled lever should, after a few seconds, move to the left

Morning Mick ,The small lever does try to move but seems to be stuck I can move it to the left by hand . but trying to move it by putting the hot water on it moves very sligtly not all the way over . does this make any sense to you :confused:

try the central heating on by itself (HW off at programmer), let me know if it works

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back