Miele Dishwasher G1143 SC - inlet(?) banging + Inlet / Drain lamp warning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Miele Dishwasher G1143 SC - inlet(?) banging + Inlet / Drain lamp warning

When initially filling and again about an hour later (I'm guessing when the rinse cycle starts) , the dishwasher makes a banging noise. The flowing sound of water stops suddenly like a "glottal stop" making a kind of banging noise and the red Inlet / Drain waning lamp is illuminated. Having experienced water hammer 20 years ago in my previous house, I do not it's that. The machine is downstairs and I can hear it loudly when I'm upstairs, trying to sleep.

This happens perhaps a 10-20 times as the machine tries to overcome the problem and then it usually carries on, seeminly ok. Although sometimes I'm not sure if crockery has been rinsed 100% properly. It happens every time I use the machine. The dishwasher tablet door is open and there is never any residual soap, powder or water in the machine when the cycle finishes.

I've removed and cleaned all filters and bits. I've cleaned the Non-Return valve and the ball- bearing inside that looks pristine. I've made sure the water valve on the copper pipe that the inlet hose joins onto is fully open. I've checked the inlet hose to ensure there are no kinks.

I'm thinking the problem is the inlet valve - that is the Aquavalve (the size of a large bar of soap) built into Miele's (£100+) propertary Aquastop inlet hose. I think it's unlkely to be a drain issue given the sounds I am hearing. But to be sure I can turn off the water inlet when the noise next occurs.

So any tips would be appreciated on:

1. does this sound like a new hose with inbuilt inlet vale is the next thing to try. I can see a generic replacement on ******2**.com for about half the OEM price.

2. if so, how do I disconnect the Miele Aquastop inlet hose from the machne. Do I remove the baseplate, or side plates, or both and do I marmalise a one-time-use-only hose clip then replace the new hose using a jubille clip ?

Sponsored Links
Update - here is a video of what happens 13 seconds after switch on. In fact the wash cycle (more than an hour) does not seem to finish. Or when it does the Infil/Drain light stays flashing. I don't know if "Infil" or "Drain" is the problem.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back