Migrants moved on in Eastern Europe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34291648

Hungary doesn't want them, not does Croatia. Looks like Eastern European countries were happy to join Europe, for military security and huge financial bribes, but when it comes to actually doing something that costs .... Hardly a surprise.

Interesting that EU bureacrats are trying to dictate to us all what to do. The problem is they are not really answerable to the electorate. Senior ones are appointed, so we have no say. And they are appointed as a result of doing favours to mates in the past. So, democracy rules, not.

Sponsored Links
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34291648

Hungary doesn't want them, not does Croatia. Looks like Eastern European countries were happy to join Europe, for military security and huge financial bribes, but when it comes to actually doing something that costs .... Hardly a surprise.

Not all countries are as wealthy (ignoring the £1.5 trillion debt) or as stupid as us. (By us, I'm including Germany, France, Sweden and one or two others.)

They have seen what has happened here and don't want the same for their home country. Who can blame them.

Yes, some of these countries are a breath of fresh air. We're off to The Czech Republic again next month, and I can more or less guarantee that we won't see a single woman with a tarp over her head: even in the capital, Prague. Not even sure if they have any mosques. Luckily, CZ isn't really on a direct route to Germany, but that may change if other countries close their borders.

Sponsored Links
Yes, some of these countries are a breath of fresh air. We're off to The Czech Republic again next month, and I can more or less guarantee that we won't see a single woman with a tarp over her head: even in the capital, Prague. Not even sure if they have any mosques. Luckily, CZ isn't really on a direct route to Germany, but that may change if other countries close their borders.
Yes, the Czech Republic is a nice place. We were there several years ago and I don't remember seeing any black daleks.
I'm sure that the Czech Republic are of a similar mind to Hungary and others in that they don't want these people and, even if some are foist upon them, they won't be eagerly dishing out all sorts of benefits.

My wife is Slovak,
I can assure you they will not want the migrants in their country, neither will the Czechs.
Unlike us and the others, both the PEOPLE and governments stand up for themselves. They are not prepared to have either their heritage, values or identity diluted or interfered with.
Also, they believe in "when in Rome" - which is why they integrate well.
My wife (as I) thinks that both our and other European politicians have lost the plot.
I think we need mass demo's on the streets quite frankly...

My wife is Slovak,
I can assure you they will not want the migrants in their country, neither will the Czechs.
Unlike us and the others, both the PEOPLE and governments stand up for themselves. They are not prepared to have either their heritage, values or identity diluted or interfered with.
I'm just trying to imagine what the UK would have been like if we had had the same attitude all those years ago.
What have we gained? Well, there's no doubt that we wouldn't have so many varied eating places. However, I do like such variety: curries, Thai food and so on.
Mind you, I suspect we could still have had such things without other cultures demanding that (and in many ways succeeding in) we change our society and even our laws to suit them.

Yes, I feel that our heritage, values and national identity has been diluted, or even lost. Certainly our national identity.
I'm sure I'll be soundly criticised for this, but I remember as a child having a book (it may have been an encyclopaedia) in which a section on the nations of the world included pictures, including national dress and the appearance of the various peoples, including our own British people. You can imagine the appearance of the last one.
If such a book were produced today, I'm sure the picture of typical British people would look like a collection of just about all the nationalities of the world.
On the other hand, we have countries like the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and others where the vast majority of the inhabitants are, respectively, Czechs, Slovaks, Magyars, etc.

Certainly, Britain is not the country in which I was born and brought up.

All I here is we need millions more people for the economy. I think we're being conned. What's the point in always worrying about the economy if we bin our culture and lose our quality of life. Traffic around here is already mental, two weeks to see a GP unless you're dying, 4 months for a hospital consultant and property prices are ridiculous. Two bed 60s built, plain-Jane flats around here are nudging quarter of a million pounds. Young people have little chance of buying anything at all. Things are just getting stupidly busy, nowhere to park and starting to take ages to drive anywhere. And still we're packing in 330,000 more people each year. Mad.

I watched old film footage of rush hour at a London tube station,the film was made 50 or 60 years ago, the film makers then show rush hour at the same tube station today, the difference in the ethnic makeup of the 2 groups is striking, it makes you realise that it is probably to late to do anything to control immigration.

A lot of these bleedin' hear liberals are well off, and have private health insurance, live in a nice house that is increasing in value, use the cheap Polish plumber, and work in a profession that is not impacted by immigrants. And when those who are impacted by it express themselves, they are labelled narrow minded bigots.

Sponsored Links
Back