Heseltine the trouble-maker

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"When he was still employed by May, the Tory peer advised she appoint Brexiteers to the three cabinet posts in charge of severing ties with Europe. The result is Boris Johnson, David Davis, and Liam Fox leading the high offices of Brexit.

Heseltine says the trio are "the right people to prove the job can't be done." He explains: "It was the only political answer I could see — to let the Brexiteers prove that their policies work. Patently they don't. There are no policies.

"They are just floundering along and I'm afraid, they must be allowed to continue to do that until the public opinion gets the message. It's an impossible task, there is no upside to this negotiation. There are no good news stories to come out of this."

http://uk.businessinsider.com/lord-heseltine-a-window-of-opportunity-to-stop-brexit-2017-8

"Heseltine is damning about the prospects of a more obvious candidate: Boris Johnson. "We all like Boris, he makes us laugh," he says. BI prods Heseltine again — is Johnson the right man to lead the party? "I've answered your question. I want to know what people think, not just whether they can make good jokes."

His dim view of Boris should not come as surprise. He thinks the foreign secretary's decision to support the Leave campaign,
after heavily flirting with Remain, was one of the biggest factors in Britain voting out of the EU. In Heseltine's words, Johnson is to blame for the "greatest constitutional crisis of modern times."

Unlike Johnson and May, the Tory peer has not flip-flopped on the issue of Brexit. And he is in no mood to stop holding to account the architects of the decision — and those delivering on what he sees as the "legacy of the false promises."

Sponsored Links
But old Tarzan, the helicopter man has a nasty habit of stabbing his own leader in the back.... Long may the corpse of heseltine lie in peace.

Sponsored Links
Back