A Week In Tory

Sponsored Links
The banks don't need to attract money to lend it, the money is 'created' when they lend it.
Not in such a direct way as you seem to think. It doesn't work that way. That is why they need to attract money. Saving accounts are up to ~5% currently. Not much use for some as they are pay in each month for a fixed term. If money is tight there will be less use of these.

ISA's are already up and will now probably rise again

The problem is often that an ISA is opened and when they have taken enough money in they get closed. Subject that annoys me as missed one offer by a week last time I moved mine.

Sunak wouldn't be worrying about debt if they could just create money. Lots of confusion due to what they did because of the banking crisis.

It's getting funny now .
Inflation over 10%
Interest rates rising
2 years of recession predicted
12 years of Tory.
Isn't time people accepted that they can't govern and they're only there for their own benefit?

Sponsored Links
Why did Labour lose the red wall seats John, do you think it was because Northerners admired Boris's hairstyle.

HS2

Northern Powerhouse

Levelling Up

You can always rely on Boris

To let you down

Why did Labour lose the red wall seats John, do you think it was because Northerners admired Boris's hairstyle.
You know damn well the northern voters were duped into believing de Piffle would deport foreigners already living in their region, prevent more arriving and bring untold wealth via HS2...how's that worked out?

Fantasies.
Maybe, but politics isn't about reality, its more about what people believe to be reality.
Why did so many traditional Labour supporters vote for a classic Tory toff in the last general election.
Whether true or not, there is a perception that Labour, if elected would go soft on Brexit and try to rebuild ties with the EU.

Isn't time people accepted that they can't govern and they're only there for their own benefit?
Actually I don't see that as a sane view. What I would say is an increasing use of distorted reasons for problems.

Lets take bed blockers. Read all about hospital beds
It's an oh NHS costs can be saved by getting people in and out as quickly as possible. Build a hospital and limit the number of beds on that basis. Now they say we need more hospitals. Some of these bed blockers need short term care. The level needed varies. When bed counts are reduced it needs some joined up thinking. That has been lacking. When my mother needed care I'll tell you something. There is a world of difference between council provided care and that provided by the private sector and that also varies. It's cost;y and getting worse. Pretty big business actually.

Immigration. Plenty of noises about preventing illegals from arriving but can't handle the numbers. 2 separate problems one suffering due to cuts. Hits the headlines and what happens - 500 more people get put in to handle it. By March, a bit late. Some at least would have been deported if that side of things worked.

Mrs T's grand sell off. What that was really about is getting stuff off the gov's books. We still pay for it with dividends and corporation taxation as well. There was a gov paper about mentioning it was a nice little earner for them. The money it raised was useful too. It and other sources went up in smoke.

Housing costs. Rates, Poll tax and now Council Tax. Just a different way of funding council running costs. Off the gov's books again. A more recent change. Councils can keep their business rate if they like. Some get more of that than others, usually more affluent areas.

It's all lop sided thinking. Leans towards low taxation levels but don't kid yourself we are still paying and some. Probably a good idea in some areas but not all.

:) LOL it's a bit like very early Labour. Thanks to Stalin and WWII a fully managed state looked great. They haven't thought that for a long time. Just that total cost to "consumers" and so called competition just does not work in some areas.

Now we have high taxation. Some of that relates to debt some to the increasing cost of support. Some services in case you haven't noticed are having sever problems.

Whether true or not, there is a perception that Labour, if elected would go soft on Brexit and try to rebuild ties with the EU.
if they make too many changes they would have to hold a referendum and have stated they have no interest in rejoining. ;) Pity really as I suspect the vote would go the other way. The other aspect is that we are more in need of the money it should have saved now.

Labour do have some thoughts about the NI problem but it relates to certain goods only. Like it is for all it's a problem with no easy solution. Both sides want control of their boarders. Some seem to forget that.

All we are hearing is negotiation noises even trying to get the USA to change it's opinion. A small Irish haulier was interviewed. He collect loads from N Ireland and brings them across here and does the same going back. Biggest problem in NI was getting the paperwork. Sorted. Bit of a problem getting similar loads coming back. A bloke in N Ireland that did import from here and sell there. Got fed up of trying to find a supplier here so said f'it and bought from the EU. All our suppliers needed to do was fill in a bit of paper. What happens when standards are changed?

Tis never good imo for any government to be in power for long periods

Complacency ??

Carrie ousting Cummings was always going to end in tears, opened up the door for the remainers to take him down and get their man Rishi in.

Sponsored Links
Back