The populist Tory party has a lie at its heart

Sponsored Links
Also Charlie, it shows that Wales want to stay part of the union.

Even lifelong Labour voters don’t like Labour. The party is meaningless.
What a weird day - I find myself agreeing with something you've written.

what you say about Labour is true because of this:

Perhaps the left/ right demcarcation is not as clear cut as it used to be.
The dividing line now is between those who because of their prejudices believe the lies about immigrants, foreigners, the perfidious EU, the myth they call "sovereignty", who lap up the diversions of RWR bleating about "cancel culture" and opposition to being what they call "woke", and those for whom all of that is anathema.

The Tories are doing well because those lies come naturally to them. Labour are not doing well because those lies stick in their throats and their fence-sitting dissembling of "listening to peoples concerns" isnt convincing enough. And when the time comes they will find that their support on the other side of that line has also gone because of their failure to condemn the lies and the prejudices.

Im not saying that there should not be political parties which reflect views like that, but I am saying that I am not going to be voting for a party which starts to prositute itself to those who are, even slightly, racist, xenophobic, narrow-minded, backward- and inward-looking opponents of liberal societal change.

How can someone from Doncaster relate to Diane Abbott who’s probably never been north of the Watford gap.
And they can better relate (really relate, I mean, not just get suckered in to thinking they are relating) to the party of public-school privilege, private wealth and chumocracy corruption?

Boris is a people pleaser
History is littered with seriously defective and despicable people who were.

labour are like the happy bunch on here, TELLING people what they should think & condemning people with different views instead of listening.
Telling them what they should think?

Or telling them what they stand for, and how bigotry, parochialism, and deluded nostalgia are all things to which they are opposed?

Sponsored Links
What a weird day - I find myself agreeing with something you've written.

what you say about Labour is true because of this:

The dividing line now is between those who because of their prejudices believe the lies about immigrants, foreigners, the perfidious EU, the myth they call "sovereignty", who lap up the diversions of RWR bleating about "cancel culture" and opposition to being what they call "woke", and those for whom all of that is anathema.

The Tories are doing well because those lies come naturally to them. Labour are not doing well because those lies stick in their throats and their fence-sitting dissembling of "listening to peoples concerns" isnt convincing enough. And when the time comes they will find that their support on the other side of that line has also gone because of their failure to condemn the lies and the prejudices.

Im not saying that there should not be political parties which reflect views like that, but I am saying that I am not going to be voting for a party which starts to prositute itself to those who are, even slightly, racist, xenophobic, narrow-minded, backward- and inward-looking opponents of liberal societal change.

And they can better relate (really relate, I mean, not just get suckered in to thinking they are relating) to the party of public-school privilege, private wealth and chumocracy corruption?

History is littered with seriously defective and despicable people who were.

Telling them what they should think?

Or telling them what they stand for, and how bigotry, parochialism, and deluded nostalgia are all things to which they are opposed?

Labour aren’t proud of our history, labour army proud of our country.
If, to you, "pride" is synonymous with turning a blind eye to the realities of the dreadful things we did in the past then I think that says a lot about your relationship with the truth and what you believe must not be confronted lest it dent some myth or other.

Conservatives want to promote our country their narrow-self interest.
Fixed it for ya.

Corbyn wouldn’t even sing the national anthem.
Neither will I.

Is uncritical acceptance of the ideas that accident of birth should determine our head of state, and that the whole panoply of associated rank and privilege is the best way to structure society, another sine qua non for you?

Hmmm :sneaky: must admit all the above and style of post sounds or seems well Er some what familiar

:idea:

it can’t be surely not nah ;)

good speech though raised moral

Meanwhile in the real world, some voters might take into account a political party's stance on foreign policy, defence, the economy, what that party will do for it's childrens education and life chances, employment prospects and indeed the prospects of the nation as a whole.

In fact, I believe they just did.

Nemo does seenm to of put his head above the gd parapet all of a sudden.
Nemo, where have you been hiding all this time??

Meanwhile in the real world...

...some voters might just vote for whichever crook tells them Brexit is great and everything will be OK.

In fact, I believe they just did.

It’s easy to see why people are deserting the patronising left

Sponsored Links
Back