A Week In Tory

Sponsored Links
The base rate has increased by 0.75% so now 3%. My cash ISA's aren't matching earlier rate increases. I'm wondering when that tendency will break.
The BofE has also warning that we may be entering the longest recession since reliable records have been available which it seems is 100years ago.
Seems they will react to what Sunak does in Dec.

;) A conspiracy theory. It seems the FED some time ago admitted to using the base rate to knock unions by forcing up unemployment. Reminds me of Mrs T who also had high base rates but I had heard that the banks had lost a lot in S |America and needed to recoup. We had high unemployment for other reasons anyway.

My cash ISA's aren't matching earlier rate increases.

They won't. That's why banks make money.

With inflation at 10% or more any cash holding is losing value fast and will never get it back

Asset-backed investments tend to match inflation and have a good chance of rising when (if) the economy improves.

Even gold might match inflation, long-term.

Apart from the above, Boris did okay.
Do you really think Boris handled everything. He followed current Tory thoughts end of really and that explains a lot of where we currently are.

Sponsored Links
They won't. That's why banks make money.
One bank person thinks otherwise. To lend money they need to attract it. Money is going to be tight.

Interesting comment in a BofE broadcast giving detail. They were asked about differing policy between Europe and the USA. |The answer is simple. Ukraine causes the USA less problems. Gas in particular. They chopped the broadcast off - long and boring. The other factor was mentioned. Unemployment down but economically inactive up significantly.

Lacking the new fiscal plan the bank has had to make assumptions. So they review those in Dec.

Now the BBC is pushing how bad this is for people. One bloke who was think of settling here a vet is thinking of going elsewhere. The others, worries that would be expected.

He played the Brexers like a barrel of kippers, caring nothing for the damage to the nation.
No he conducted the orchestra. Get Brexit Done, the usual limited number of word use to achieve all sorts and also gained from targeted voters who wanted brexit for a variate of reasons all rather simply mentioned ignoring complications. I|f a real one crops up call it project fear. Tell people they are fed up with Brexit going on and on and some will decide they are fed up. Previously they may not have even thought about that aspect.

Maybe a new idea from the USA next. A party came up with an advert intended to stop the supporters of the opposition from voting. It had some success. Like targetting it doesn't matter how many. It pushes votes in the direction they want.

"Bank of England raises interest rates by 0.75 percentage points
Largest increase in 30 years"

Politicans' claims do not have to be Legal, Decent, Honest and Truthful.

He wouldn't last five minutes in commercial advertising.

Did he "get Brexit done?"

Or are the Brexers still moaning?

(Yes they are)

Did he sort out NI?

(No he didn't)
Brexit will never be done.
Its a bit like the Reformation.
While there are still millions of believers in the supremacy of the EU over the UK, Brexit will never be secure.
That is why Labour will always be suspected of having closet rejoiner tendencies.
Bit of a shame really as Labour does have a lot members who voted to leave the EU.

Saying Boris got Brexit done, is like saying the Captain of the Titanic got them across the Atlantic.

One bank person thinks otherwise. To lend money they need to attract it. Money is going to be tight.

The banks don't need to attract money to lend it, the money is 'created' when they lend it.

That is why Labour will always be suspected of having closet rejoiner tendencies.
Bit of a shame really as Labour does have a lot members who voted to leave the EU.

It's why they lost the last GE, and why possibly they will lose the next one. Unless the Tories go down the same route.

Sponsored Links
Back