Boris Johnson agreed with some Tory MPs who thought Covid was "nature's way of dealing with old people"

Poor old notchy still as green around the gills as he ever was. Still trying to save face that that ' locozade' they pumped into your arm is doing you good rather than having the opposite effect.
Night, don't wet the bed again.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Still trying to save face that that ' locozade' they pumped into your arm is doing you good rather than having the opposite effect.
You did post an article saying that it was doing good. Did you not read it?

Sponsored Links
Sir Patrick Vallance views on science made for interesting reading considering those who swear by it on here as a go to.

Some of his comments are more of a reflection on him. He claims the politicians couldn't grasp the science or stats/maths. Part of the job of being an expert on a technical subject is to covey the message in a form that the layman can understand.

The scientists were not responsible for the economic cost of lockdown. As it turned out, we could have had a lockdown based on risk/age profile and it would have cost half as much. But nobody knew what would work. The only science was group think across the world.

I was drawn to his comments about science not being set in stone.

Last edited:
Part of the job of being an expert on a technical subject is to covey the message in a form that the layman can understand.

What sort of person is needed to convey a message that Buffoon Johnson can understand?

He won't read his briefs and puts his fingers in his ears.

Some of his comments are more of a reflection on him. He claims the politicians couldn't grasp the science or stats/maths. Part of the job of being an expert on a technical subject is to covey the message in a form that the layman can understand.

The scientists were not responsible for the economic cost of lockdown. As it turned out, we could have had a lockdown based on risk/age profile and it would have cost half as much. But nobody knew what would work. The only science was group think across the world.
That's an interesting take on his testimony. I don't think he said that he said it was possible.

Even if he thought it at the time we know now it wouldn't have worked.

Yes - I'm saying we all have the benefit of hind sight now. Knowing what we know, we all know there were different options. I remember tracking the numbers daily on here. I genuinely thought at some point that this virus was going to kill a 1/3rd of the planet.

I remember telling my team to get out of London and helping some of them find accommodation before the first lock down - it looked like the epicentre of the virus and I thought we may even end up with some sort of martial law. It seems ridiculous now.

Yes - I'm saying we all have the benefit of hind sight now. Knowing what we know, we all know there were different options. I remember tracking the numbers daily on here. I genuinely thought at some point that this virus was going to kill a 1/3rd of the planet.

I remember telling my team to get out of London and helping some of them find accommodation before the first lock down - it looked like the epicentre of the virus and I thought we may even end up with some sort of martial law. It seems ridiculous now.
There was no way we could have locked down the 55+ age bracket in the first wave and left the youngsters to carry on. With hindsight it would have been impossible and it would have failed. This was known at the time too, it was considered and discarded.

The effort Australia and China spent keeping zero COVID shows how hard it would have been to try to put that protection around every 55 year olds house and shops.

Sponsored Links
Back