MiHome eTRV did not turn off fully.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I fitted the MiHome eTRV the rooms were in use every day, so although set to low temperature at night, I assumed reason why rooms never cooled too much was amount of heat stored in the walls and fittings.

This week wife went into hospital, and mother went into rest bite, so for the first time mothers bedroom was set to 12°C 24/7 and had time to cool down, however went into room and not that cold, looked at thermometer and still at 18°C when outside at 14°C during the day.

Felt radiator and it was not hot, but it was not cold either, tepid is best description, so I removed the eTRV head placed a penny on the valve operating pin and replaced head, now radiator actually cold. Valves are Honeywell and the 2 mm spacer is fitted, without the 2 mm spacer the nut would tighten past the threads.

So target 12°C actual 16°C in bedroom, in living room with no penny target 15°C actual 18°C, it would seem that one also needs the penny.

Has anyone else found the MiHome eTRV does not fully turn off the Honeywell valve? Just seems wrong to have to use a penny.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back