Mila/BKV flag hinge removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Eh oop geezers

Anyone know how to take of the hinge cover from a Mila (trinity i think) door flag hinge.

Finally got round to repairing my porch door and i find its 10mm out of square (the door itself) and the top hinge looks crooked due to the amount of retraction it has been adjusted to make it fit.

I think it slides off but cant due to it wrapping round the hinge pin area.

Sponsored Links
Im sure you've already looked but when you open the door is there a little silver cross head screw on the back of the hinge?

If not there may be a slot, if you push a small screwdriver in this slot it releases a plastic spring loaded clip and the front slides off..........IF its the type of hinge im thinking of!

I have not looked to see what hinge it is, but if not cranks answer, open the door and see if there are any allen key holes, loosen off and pop it off.

Sponsored Links
Regardless, you still need to have a removable cap to be able to fit the hinges in the first place, there must be a not so obvious screw round the back to release the front cover

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back