mildew in my washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know how to remove mildew from those little water outlet things at the top of the inside of the draw, and how to stop it coming back. It's a hotpoint first edition and I can't figure out how to get at the bits I want to clean.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo applehead

you could get a brand new drawer for less than £20 from here
http://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/Service/fr_shop.html

dont know if you know it but in general you can release the drawer by pressing a clip underneath the partialy open drawer
you may also release it by lifting the front edge up as you withdraw the drawer

did you read the updated bit of my post!!!! :LOL: ;)
this bit ----- dont know if you know it but in general you can release the drawer by pressing a clip underneath the partialy open drawer
you may also release it by lifting the front edge up as you withdraw the drawer

Sponsored Links
Yes I didn't know I had a problem until I took the draw out. When I looked inside it was covered in this black stuff wich I presume, through reading other posts, is mildew. I don't know if the problem exends to inside the pipes that deliver the water.

applehead said:
Does anyone know how to remove mildew from those little water outlet things at the top of the inside of the draw, and how to stop it coming back. It's a hotpoint first edition and I can't figure out how to get at the bits I want to clean.

old tooth brush works wonders

Thanks Breezer. I Have been in there with a toothbrush wich got rid of most of it but it seems to be up inside the little outlets as well. I can only imagine how bad it is in there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back