Zanussi Dishwasher DE4744 - not heating water or drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just as the title says - my 4 year old Zanussi dish-washer has suddenly stopped heating the water (assumed as it doesn't wash off fatty foods on plates etc.) and drying (assumed as all the plates come out wet!).

I've had the panels off this evening to see if there's anything obvious, but all the electrical connections on the control board are ok and i cant see what else it could be. Only thing i saw was some build up of mildew, possibly enough for a blockage near to the bottom of the complex plastic water channel thing behind the left hand side panel. I cant see what on earth this does or whether it could be the cause.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Check the heater and thermostats, also check the wiring in the door for breakage.

Unplug your appliance before working on it

tiredengineer said:
Check the heater and thermostats, also check the wiring in the door for breakage.

Unplug your appliance before working on it

I already checked the wiring in the door, which seems all intact. Having said that though, i ran it on a 65 degrees cycle last night after i'd had everything apart and it was still sloshing water around well after an hour later - i ended up cancelling the cycle, so perhaps the control unit is u/s. It also hasn't been dispensing rinse aid for ages.

Where will i find the heater and thermostat? I took the top, rear and left panels off last night and nothing looked obvious to me. I've had my washing machine apart several times, but never seen inside a dishwasher before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back