minerelle kitchen worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I had a Minerelle worktop fitted,and I told my fitter that I was so unhappy,it is dull and there are numerous scratch marks all over the top ,the supplier called and said it was a finishing problem and the retailer agreed,my fitter had polished and sanded it but still very bad,Minerelle have now ceased trading.Fitter wants to come back and again polish and sand down but I cant see that it will solve the problem

Can anybody advise Thank you

Sponsored Links
Minerelle is the most appalling work surface I have ever experienced
Fablon is better !
It was fitted in my new apartment constructed by ROXAN - ( Avoid those guys like the plague!)
The surface stains and is very hard to clean.
It is cracking
It scrathches !
In short it is rubbish !
I was told that the fitters hadn't finished it properly it need to be very finely sanded and then sealed -with a silcon sealer - a process that needs to be repeated regularly !
When I complained that the surface was not finished properly - the company who fitted it loaned me an old sander !!!!!
You have three choices
1 . Keep plenty of bleach in stock
2. Finely resand the surface (360 grit) then seal it with a good silicon sealant, and repeat cleaning and sealing every month or so
3. Go buy something decent !

Granite here I come

Sounds like it hasnt been sanded correctly,it will need sanding through the grits upto 360 finish and then scotch brite pads and polish put on.
Be aware depending on your colour, scratch marks are highly visible on these tops and they are high maintainance!.

Hi,

Was the fitter experienced with mineral and did he have the correct tools ?

I fit these work surfaces and you need a decent quality sander and vac - I use FESTOOL.

You should be able to start from - excuse the pun - scratch on the surface.

Sand it right back to rough and then bring it up through the grit levels and then, as previously mentioned scotch bright pad to finish off.

PM me if you Like as I come down to Dorchester once or twice a month.

Miner ell is not the best of the composite work surfaces, you tend to find air bubbles in it (you can't sand them out) differences in the thickness of the composite way outside of the tolerance the manufacturer suggests!

But, you should be able to get a decent finish.

I could expect a normal fitter not being able to correctly finish this stuff - if all they do is laminate work surfaces.

Paul.

Sponsored Links
You also have to have the correct sort of sander - random orbital. It must have dust extraction. Equally, you have to 'work' the surface in a specific pattern, you don't just sand it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back