Minerva 3-in-1 kettle tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I hope to install a Franke Minerva 3-in-1 kettle tap. I have checked and know I have more than enough pressure and there is no problem with installation. My question is limescale. I live in a very hard water area and wonder how often I really should change the cartridge - Franke say every six months (but they would) at a cost of £36. As the tap and installation will cost me over £1000 I really don't want to fork out £36 every six months. Does anyone know if I do need to change the cartridge that often or, preferably, is there another way of treating the limescale. There is only myself and my husband living in the house so the tap won't be overly used but will obviously be used for cooking, tea, the usual. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Seeing as it's costing a £1000 I would change every six months to start with. After that I would examine them closely to see how clogged they are. Maybe the filters can be soaked in vinegar and reused?

Also the heating tank part uses about £40 of electricity in standby mode a year.

If your prepared to spend £1000 on a gimmicky tap, you must be lucky enough to have plenty of cash to splash. Is £36 every 6 months really going to worry you that much? Still, your money your choice.

More seriously, if your don't follow the manufacturers guidelines, they will be very unlikely to consider any warranty claims. Also, please be very careful about warning visitors not to wash their hands under it or those personal injury lawyers will be after you

Sponsored Links
Seeing as it's costing a £1000 I would change every six months to start with. After that I would examine them closely to see how clogged they are. Maybe the filters can be soaked in vinegar and reused?

Also the heating tank part uses about £40 of electricity in standby mode a year.

Thanks very much for your reply, it's been very useful and the last piece of advice very helpful as I hadn't given the electricity cost any thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back