Removing filter on Franke 3 in 1 tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have 3 in 1 tap by FRANKE which has got a filter and I am unable to open the filter which us made if plastic and has like thread in on and off.
It has a rubber sill.
Can anybody suggest how to go about.
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thank you for your response.
I emailed FRANKE and they said they are going to list a spanner which is not on their website yet but would be cost about £15.
If I use rubber strap wrench to open it, do you think it might open it as I don't intend to damage it and run into to another problem.
Sorry to bore anybody reading this as it is steep to pay £15.00 for spanner whereby the taps and hot water system cost around £800 beside filter costs about £39.95 every 6 months.

The filter cartridge housing,sometimes called a sump.Is designed to be unscrewed by hand just grip it with both hands and turn anti clockwise it will unscrew.The actual filter cartridge is usually also screwed,again turn anti clockwise. :idea: Make sure water is turned off.

There is also a chance the sump has been over tightened during installation,just needs a good turn with both hands or use a boa constrictor strap wrench.

taps and hot water system cost around £800

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You need a man with a strong right hand, try and find a married man. His right hand will be much stronger.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back