Franke tap support / washer question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a Franke Eiger kitchen mixer tap and the pack of bits contains two rubber washers. One is a bevelled washer which clearly fits under the tap. The other washer is an O ring a little bigger than the tap hole If you use the triangular plastic support piece underneath and the C metal washer, I don't see that you need the rubber O ring. Is this right ? There is no recess under the tap to take this O ring.
I assume the fitting kit is multi-purpose so the rubber O ring may fit another tap. Any views, experience ? :rolleyes:

BTW, I agree with other posters that the Franke instructions are rubbish. :evil:

Sponsored Links
For future reference : The Franke Eiger tap comes with a bevelled rubber washer which fits under the tap.
Underneath the sink, you can either use the rubber O ring washer which sits inside the shaped metal C washer and bolt the tap up.

Or you can use the triangular plastic spacer / load spreader and the metal C washer which fits onto the rim of the plastic spacer. In this case the rubber O ring cannot be used.

Job's finished now - belt, braces and laces !!!

I fitted the spacer under the sink
then I fitted the Franke tap brace screwed under the worktop
then I used solid copper tails and copper pipes as well !

How's that !!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back