1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Wobbly Franke Olympus Tap

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by TimperleyCH, 1 Nov 2011.

1. TimperleyCH

TimperleyCH

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

We've just had a kitchen fitted, with a Franke Olympus tap (http://www.frankeonline.co.uk/olympus-338-p.asp) into a granite worktop.

The base of the tap is really solid in the worktop.

However, the swiveling spout of the tap is far more wobbly than I expected. There's several mm of play. Enough to make me hold the tap gingerly when I want to rotate it.

I've removed the spout, checked the o-rings and checked the grub screw seats into the slot in the plastic washer. But it still wobbles.

Please does anyone have any comments on if this is this normal?

Thanks.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. HERTS P&D

HERTS P&D

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Does it leak from the body to the spout?

Andy

4. TimperleyCH

TimperleyCH

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

No, I can't see any water leaking from the base of the spout. So I think the o-rings are sealing things as expected.

Thanks.

Andrew.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local