Tap flexible hose fitting question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

New mixer tap has been supplied with flexible hoses. These obviously screw into the tap at one end with an 'O' ring seal, not a problem at this end.

At the other end the fitting is a 1/2" tap connector with rubber washer.

This end screws onto the body of an isolating valve but the isolating valve is machined in preparation for an olive so does not present a flat surface to the washer, just a very sharp edge.

Is this something that is done, not done, frowned upon ?
If it is to be avoided what is the best and easiest way forward ?
Fitting a pipe to the isolating valve and then fitting a 1/2" male end to the pipe seems a bit convoluted.

Thanks,

andytw

Sponsored Links
andy sorry for hijacking but can u recommend anywhere to get some turbulators at a reasonable price, short of mugging the next heatteam van i pass

andy sorry for hijacking but can u recommend anywhere to get some turbulators at a reasonable price, short of mugging the next heatteam van i pass

In short 'no', sorry. I bought 2 sets from ebay with the correct part number, but when my engineer came to fit them the ones coming out had a disc on the end and the new ones did not. They were the other part number and had been given the incorrect part number on ebay. :(
My engineer checked with Baxi tech support and they said they would be fine.
Considering that the old discs had mostly fallen off anyway, I agree.
If you want cheap then I would suggest you search ebay then save the search and ebay will then email you if any turn up. I have seen quite a few sets on there.

andytw

Sponsored Links
Yes isolating valves. Flexi hoses should have a fitted rubber washer to seal it

DON'T overtighten the nuts onto the iso valves as it could distort the washer, so hand tight plus a small turn with the spanner . You can always tighten it a bit more if it leaks.

go and buy new replacement flexible braded hoses tap tails that have a nut and olive compression integral fitting but make sure that the tap end is the correct diameter... take the tap bodywith you to make sure....

http://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-tap-tails-10mm-x-15mm-x-300mm-pack-of-2/27936
http://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-tap-tails-12mm-x-15mm-x-300mm-pack-of-2/91351

Dont forget to stick a nice shiny ballfix iso underneath make sure that it's/their bore issuitable for pressue... Pressume you got equal (more or less) pressure on both cw and dhw feeds!!!???

make sure that it's/their bore issuitable for pressue...
Why bother. You've seen the bore at the tap-end connection of a monobloc flexi. Iso's don't come with a smaller bore than them. Full bore iso's won't make any difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back