Monobloc Flexible Tap Hose.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to fit a Monobloc tap.

I noticed that the supply end of the flexible hose has just a rubber sealing washer at it's inner base.

Is this sufficient as a seal or do I need to purchase some sort of adaptor, such as a copper washer and olive arrangement...if so what is it called please.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Rubber o-ring at one end and/or washer at the other will be fine. Don't overtighten it!

Purchase a 1/2 to 15mmm male iron. Used these on a job recently and they worked a treat.

Sponsored Links

---------------------
Hi Coljack,

I am not to sure what you mean by "Picture" or perhaps you mean a diagram I should have but havent?

Anyway thanks to all for the advice.

Welshman - I will have a look at at that "Male Iron" ... and thanks again!!

--------
Hi kevplumb,
Okay thanks, I will ask my local supplier for what you suggest.

I was a bit wary about bearing on a rubber washer with a screwed end because of sharp edges, although I know I can smooth the end off first.
I get the impression not much more than finger tight is the rule?

Thanks for the info!!

The male iron will have one end bevelled for the compression olive, and the other flattened out anyway to prevent rubber washers (for example) being sheared easily.

Regarding tightness - hand tight plus a slight tweak more (normally under a quarter turn does it)

The male iron will have one end bevelled for the compression olive, and the other flattened out anyway to prevent rubber washers (for example) being sheared easily.

Regarding tightness - hand tight plus a slight tweak more (normally under a quarter turn does it)
-------
Thanks dextrous,
That info sorts out my doubt's.
Very good of you to give me your time!

Thanks again!!

I've never seen a monoblock mixer with 1/2" tails yet, and I don't think I'm going to now.

The flexible hoses will be 10 or 12mm and 15mm to fit copper pipe the other end.

Just screw them in as far as they go, the O ring will seal it.

I've never seen a monoblock mixer with 1/2" tails yet, and I don't think I'm going to now.

The flexible hoses will be 10 or 12mm and 15mm to fit copper pipe the other end.

Hate to disagree with you, but I have as I've just fitted taps in both my kitchen and bathroom. 10mm with o-ring on one end and 15mm male on the other. Bit of a nuisance really, having to fit compression irons on the tails first TBH, but there you are :confused: Honest, gov, it's true.

Hate to disagree with you, but I have as I've just fitted taps in both my kitchen and bathroom. 10mm with o-ring on one end and 15mm male on the other. Bit of a nuisance really, having to fit compression irons on the tails first TBH, but there you are :confused: Honest, gov, it's true.

AN poster was trying to buy a set of those the other day, and couldn't find them anywhere.

As far as the OP of this thread is concerned it will be cheaper to buy flexible hoses 10 or 12mm x copper, either compression or push fit.

Quite possibly cheaper, I agree (about £3.50 a pair?). Don't know why the ones the op and myself were supplied with aren't more readily available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back