Speedfit Monobloc hose kit leaking at tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to connect a Franke monobloc kitchen tap (Zurich); the instructions say that the copper tubes only need hand tightening. Because of the complexity of the existing pipework under the sink, I thought it would be easier to use flexible tails, so bought a JG Speedfit 15mm X M12 Monobloc hose kit and have tried using that instead of the copper tails.

I have tightened the Speedfit connections into the tap, using the spanner flats fitted, but it leaks at the tap base, even on the low-pressure hot-water supply.

Have I got a faulty hose kit - or is there anything else that should be done? Constructive suggestions welcome.

Sponsored Links
check the rubber o rings are seated properly, as they can pop out if you overtighten them and then damages them.

Thanks seco services - the O-rings appear to be sound, although one of them appears to be a looser fit than the other one. I've swapped the O-rings between fittings - it looks as if one of the fittings is oversize.

Can one get packs of O-rings of different sizes, or is it better to return the kit and try with a replacement one?

[Incidentally, I've jury-rigged the cold supply to a Franke copper tail and that doesn't leak with the copper tail hand-tight.]

Final update (I hope.) The good news is that Screwfix took back the Monobloc hose kit and refunded without question. I've managed a work-around using elbows and flexible hose connectors which may not be neat but seems to work. The bad news is that it's another "quick" job that took a couple of days instead of an hour.

The straightforward JG Speedfit items seem to be working, and are handy where there is little space to work in. I don't know whether anyone else has had any problems with the JG Monobloc hose kit?

Sponsored Links
£11.73 :eek:

only ever used the 88883-98 or 77106-98 @£3.42.

But those are compression fittings, not Speedfit. There was no room for me to wield a spanner, and the "professional" who fitted the previous tap had used Hepworth pushfit (hence my earlier post about removing them in a confined space. I used Speedfit because of earlier postings suggesting that they were the best (most user-friendly) pushfit kit easily available.

[When you are an amateur, sometimes a few quid extra is worth it when set against knuckles, time, blood pressure etc.]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back