leaking monobloc tap connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

after having an issue with a previous rubbish monobloc tap bought from ebay where the flexible hoses perished and sprung a leak at 10.30 at night I bought a replacement which was installed earlier this year, My mate helped me install it and he installs alot of plumbing where he works at a model village. Basically we had issues when fitting the tap with the seal between the flexible monobloc hose and the 15mm compression fitting. We eventually got it to seal but it had to be tightened alot. Being the paranoid type I always check under the sink and found the other day that a small leak was occuring at the threaded joint which was causing the floorboards to get wet. I have isolated the supply to the tap but I was wondering what my options are. the o ring doesn't appear damaged in any way but I was wondering whether I could use lots of ptfe tape or is it just better to get a new pair of hoses ?

Cheers

Grant

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back