Minimum brickwork width from wall starter to door opening

Tff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I understand that there is a minimum brickwork width of 780mm at external corners to openings (if cavity of 100mm) - but is there also a minimum distance stipulated for walls adjoining existing brickwork tied in with wall starter kits to openings?

For additional info the wall is a non loadbearing wall of a single storey extension consisting of brickwork-100mm cavity-blockwork.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
That minimum distance of 780mm is not a mandatory figure but simply a 'deemed to satisfy' length, meaning building inspectors will not query it if you build to at least that dimension. You can go smaller than that, but might have to prove suitability to the satisfaction of the inspector.

There is no guidance on the distance if you are tying in using starter kits, but bear in mind that those kits are not as effective as bonding the new brickwork to the existing.

• Thanks
Reactions: Tff
Surprised there is no guidance. Think I'll maybe just stick to the same 780mm as per the corner to keep BC off my back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back