mira 88 gem shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.... I have a mira 88 chrome exposed valve shower. The control lever is getting very stiff which I suspect is a lime scale build up. I have been on to Mira and they say I must take the valve off the shower wall to get to the inner controls. I think I may be able to get to them by taking off the temperature control knob the trim and flow control bearing. Does this make sense or is it best to take the complete valve off the wall
cheers
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
Usually there is no need to remove the mixer valve from the wall for repairs,

The cartridge can get stiff and eventually seize but first its worth checking the knobs/levers are not rubbing together :!:

Sponsored Links
Usually there is no need to remove the mixer valve from the wall for repairs,

The cartridge can get stiff and eventually seize but first its worth checking the knobs/levers are not rubbing together :!:
sorry for the late response I'm worried about taking the controls off do I just prise them off gently starting with the control handle ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back