mira advance flex electric shower problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,can anyone advise please?
weve had a mira advance flex shower from new about 3 years old.
the last 6 months weve been getting warm showers when the shower dial is on cold,and if we turn it up to number 1 it gets red hot,but weve put up with it because were able to shower?
but its at the stage now where its causing problems and needs fixing.
when we first had it we'd have to turn it up to 4 or 5 to have a warm shower,so maybe its a thermostat problem,i dont know,but when the showers turned off after a shower it s permananty dripping from the shower head for quite a while?
we do have high water pressure,but i dont think its that,because it worked ok for at least a year,
it is used at least 3-4 times daily.
its very odd that its warmish water when the dial is on cold?
advice would be grateful
john

Sponsored Links
Sounds like someone has had the knob off and put back on in the wrong position (hence when showing 1 is more likely on 5)
The knob doesn't need to come off to take the front cover off, it uses a ribbon cable, so not sure why the knob would need to be removed? That and it also has a D fitting to avoid the knob being put back on incorrectly and breaking the PCB.

OP, if the front dial hasn't been off then you probably have a stat problem. Difficult with that model of shower as a lot of it is electronically controlled. Can I presume that no one has been into it and played with the dip switches?

Is the front power button flashing any colours? Have a look through the manual and see if you can pinpoint the fault by doing the diagnostic process with the power button, there are colour sequences that can identify what the issue may be if I remember rightly.

thanks for advice,the shower is only 3 years old,and it hasnt been opened up at all,so the knob hasnt been off at ail.
it just gets really hot when turned up to number 1-2 on the dial,so we have to shower with it on basically zero,so it makes me think its faulty?
when i turn dial down to cold within seconds its very cold so the dial is fine.
i suppose i shoulnt moan because we are having a warm shower on under dial 1,less electric,but i just get the feeling somethings not quite right?
when we first had it installed it was on dial 3 to have a warm shower?
ive turned up our water pressure slightly but still the same?
i dont know how to reset it,because the chap that fitted it left no leaflets?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back