Mira Advance Shower - sudden increase in pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a Mira shower installed in 2002. It worked fine for some years but then it was noticed that, on some occasions, it ran very cold at high pressure - the pressure was so great it was like a breeze in the room. Thereafter the low pressure indicator would show and the water stopped running.

The Mira rep. has called repeatedly and replaced the same part more than once - a pressure control valve in the shower control cabinet. Thereafter it works fine for a time - but the problem recurs.

On the last call out the Mira rep. commented that he thought we needed a valve to control pressure to the shower. I now understand that this will be disruptive to install and wonder if this is the only - and real - solution?

I have noticed that the shower works fine for about 3 minutes, and then the problem starts - it certainly ensures that you shower quickly! I also perceive that the temperature of the water varies a lot while the shower is working in "proper" mode - almost like a warning of what is to come.

The filter has been cleaned.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Sponsored Links
What is the recommended maximum pressure that this shower is designed to work with?

Whatever it is, install a pressure limiting device and adjust it to that figure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back