Mira Elite St

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there....
I currently have a 6 year old Mira Elite St 9.8kw pumped shower which has started to play up. Am awaiting delivery of new brushes.....hopefully these will fix the problem. If not, can I simply replace the 9.8kw with a 10.8kw?
Thanks in advance for your help/advice!
Tracey.

Sponsored Links
I don't follow the logic but anyway -

It is likely that there may be reasons to prevent the increase from 9.8 to 10.8kW without considerable alteration to the installation.

Could you not replace it with another 9.8kW?
There isn't that much difference.

Shop around. There are huge variations in the price.

Logic....lol.
I just thought.....if I have to buy a new one, then 10.8 may be a little better than 9.8?
Prices range from 260 to 336 just for the 9.8!
Am hoping that new brushes at £25 will fix it, but if that fail then a new one is on the cards pdq!

What value is the protective device (ie fuse) for teh shower?
What size cable connects the shower to the fuse board?

Sponsored Links
It's 10mm cable, and I think thr fusebox is rated at 40amp.
We had all electrics and new fusebox in 2006 so we could switch from 7.5kw shower....we replaced with a Galaxy Aqua, but I can't remember if that was 9.5 or .10.5. Had loads of problems due to water pressure so replaced with the pumped Mira Elite 9.8 (and new tank in loft to feed it).
The 9.8 has been ok, just wondering if I would really notice any great difference between a 9.8kw and 10.8kw ? If there's any question re electrics I'll just do a straight 1:1 swap
if it wasn't for parcel force letting me down, I'd know by now if the bushes fixed the problem!!

Apologies...I have waffled!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back