Mira event xs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, wonder if anyone can help.....

About a week ago my Mira event xs shower suddenly stopped working, mid shower covered in suds the power shower reduced to a trickle before eventually stopping. The pump still whirs like it should though

I done some research and took the shower apart, with electric off and flow isolated I cleaned the filters (which were generally pretty clean anyway) and I fiddled around with the solenoid which at a brief glance seemed clean and ok.

I put everything back in place and hey presto! Water for about 10 secs before stopping again! Any ideas what this could be? Maybe the solenoid needs a more in depth look? Or replacing?

Help! I'm sick to death of baths and want my shower back!

Sponsored Links
More likley a faulty solenoid coil.
You need to test it for resistance in it's failed state should be 3.4 kohms or above.

Thanks, Forgive my ignorance but how do I do that? Is it as simple as using a resistance gauge? Positive probe on one spaded connection and negative on the other?? Mains on or off??!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back