Mira Magna - switching to combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After 30years of service from a Myson Economist we are having a new combi boiler as part of kitchen refit.
About 8 years ago I fitted a Mira Magna shower with a pumped mixer. Accepting that I can't use this on a combi what would be the favoured option.
Ideally I would like something ceiling fed down a single pipe (guessing digital mixer) or a conventional mixer where I could conceal the pipes in a standard thickness egg box type walling behind tiles and back feed into mixer block

Any suggestions would be welcome

Sponsored Links
I know that on some of the mira range you can change the digital mixer to do combi/high pressure or pumped feeds, might be worth contacting mira to see if the digital mixer is available.

I don't think you can convert a Magna to high pressure
Mira do a ceiling-fed version of their Platinum, which is very good (I have the twin-head version in my house)

Aqualisa also do a range of ceiling fed options, often cheaper than Mira but with a 5-year warranty on most. Look at the Visage range for a budget option, or Quartz for a higher flow rate (if your new boiler can cope - you've not said what you're having)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies looking at prices of a Mira mixer on its own it may be cheaper to buy a new shower.
Will there be sufficient thickness in the egg box type wall to conceal the down pipes and back feed into the block

If the mixer is under £300 I would go for that option, it wont be that expensive to have fitted as part of the combi install and easier than putting new pipes/shower in the wall.

It seems the new digital mixer is not compatible with my older head unit so it's back to the drawing board !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back