Mira shower fitting/flexible hoses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm planning to replace my old Mira 722 gravity fed built in mixer shower with a new Mira with hopefully similar fittings/ dimensions as the old one for ease of installation. The fittings and pipe work are all situated in a cramped airing cupboard with the controls and shower head fitted to the outer side.
If I need to slightly alter the conecting pipe work to the new mixer and from the mixer to the outlet will flexible hoses be suitable or should I stick with rigid copper pipes/elbows etc?
Also, can anyone suggest which Mira shower might be the most similar/straight forward to fit?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
ya shower is low pressure still i pressume (tanks in attic) Flexis will reduce the bore & flow so best sticking to ridgid. I would recomend u change it to an Aqualisa 609 21 BIV . shower .Large facia to cover up the mess. very good low preesure flow & will also run on high pressure if u change ya system in future. Should be cheaper than the Mira as well. I fit probably 100 of these a year. Quality kit & nice head & rail too. look on net. should cost ya £180 ish if ya lucky.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, low pressure. I'll look into the Aqualisa though unfortunatley there doesn't seem to be any installation documentation available on their website which I have found usefull when looking at the Mira products (was considering an Excel B). The cheapest Aqualisa 609 I can find on the net is around £300 for the full kit.
Will corrugated copper pipe do the job for any short awkward lengths/bends or is this not good practice? I've yet to try my hand at pipe bending.

The bendy type copper pipes are ok if not bent too tight so u might be able to cut back the existing pipework to use them due to there length. What part of the country do u live in & have u got a plumbbase near u.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back