Mira Sport Max (electric shower) whining / squealing

ok, i'll give this trick recommended by mira a go this evening - fingers crossed that will get rid of it.

Sponsored Links
Hi Vlad

Now I havent tried this yet but Mira say that it is air in the flow valve.

The solution is to run the shower with the head off for 3-4 mins and the pipe hanging down to the floor. Start with the temp at full cold and slowly move it through to full hot.

This they reckon will clear it. As I say I'm yet to try.

Good luck
Mira Showers 0870 241 0888

Tim

Hi Tim, did they say what setting to do this on (High, Med, or Low)? Also, do you take all 3-4 minutes to move the temp from cold to hot and back, or do it several times in 3-4 minutes, or just once... Sorry for asking about all these details, but I want to do this right. Cheers and good luck with yours!

Sponsored Links
I just tried this.

I ran it for about 5 minutes altogether, no head, the hose in the bath. I did on low, medium and high, and went all the way from cold to hot on each several times, sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly.

It didn't completely get rid of the whine, but it does seem it's a little better. Hmmm... Wish it would go away completely.

Update - what I did last night didn't help at all. I had a shower this morning, and the whining was just as bad as before. Grrrrrrr!

Hi Vlad

Don't know if yours worked but mine didnt so I contacted Mira again and they are sending out an engineer. They say its probably a faulty flow valve.

I have been taling to Kerry and Julie at Mira

Tim

update:

mine seems to have gotten a bit better, as i've been using it regularly since i last posted. now it seems to squeal as soon as you switch it on, but then after 5-10 seconds, as the water warms up, the squeal diminishes and sometimes totally disappears, or if it doesn't, i just have to turn the dial a tiny amount to the left or right, and that silences it.

hopefully, with a bit more use, it may eventually become totally silent.

Hi Vlad

I had a Mira chap out yesterday who said that he has been replacing loads of flow valves on these recently. He said that a batch had been made that did not have enough oil in them to lubricate.
He changed the flow valve and now all is fine.
Do you have a guarantee? if so send it off quick then call Mira they seemed pretty good.

Good luck
Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back