Mira Sport Max Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

Wonder if anyone can help. We have a Mira Sport Max 10.8KW shower which is about 3 years old. When we first switch it on the overheat light comes on intermitantly and we get blasts of freezing water, after about 3 minutes or so it seems ok & maintans temperature for the rest of the shower (I have been in it for 15 minutes while it stayed hot)

Could this be a water pressure or limescale problem rather than a faulty part (maybe we are in a hardwater area), it seems a but strange that it works properly after a few minutes.

(This is the second shower of this type we have had - when we first moved in to the house the same model had only been fitted for a year or so & it completely died within 2 years of moving in & needed replacing so not best impressed with Mira if it is a part again :rolleyes: !)

Sponsored Links
Remove showerhead and try again. If ok then thoroughly descale showerhead. If not ok then find user guide as to whether there are any internal limescale traps /filters, like my oldish Triton. Remember to isolate power before dismantling. If still not ok, come back to forum.

Thanks for your reply.

I took the hose off, gave that a really good clean, also did an industrial de scale job on the shower head. We couldnt find the paperwork for the shower but my husband cut off the power supply & had a look inside, there didnt look to be any traps inside ? We couldnt see anything clogged up.

After cleaning the hose & descaling the head the shower worked perfectly for at least 4 showers, its started playing up again now though ?

The water pressure generally seems fine. A bit baffled now...

p.s as you can probalby gather we are not very 'handy' when it comes to stuff like this. :rolleyes:

Try removing the showerhead again. Does it still play up?

Sponsored Links
Hi, Tried removing the head it still kept overheating.

In a last ditch attempt to find a simple solution I swapped the hose for the one we had from the old Mira shower (we hoard everything) its worked perfectly all weekend. It must have been limescale in the first instance then we possibly put a knink in the hose while we were faffing with it causing it to happen again.

All good now ! Cheers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back