Mira sport shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,i have a mira sport shower and when running it is making a whisling noise can anyone tell what is causing this.

cheers Tom. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Possibly scaled up, so the water isn't getting through it as quickly as it should. (Not sure what the Welsh water is like though, I thought it was soft so limescale isn't as much of an issue....)

Definitely a result of limescale - mine does it every 3 months or so....leave it in a jug od descaling solution for a few hours & it will be fine!

Possibly scaled up, so the water isn't getting through it as quickly as it should. (Not sure what the Welsh water is like though, I thought it was soft so limescale isn't as much of an issue....)
thanks for your replys the water here is very soft and we dont have a problem with scaling even the electric kettle does not scale up.the water flow is ok from the shower,but it does make this whistling noise,what else could it be.
cheers Tom. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You need to replace the flow valve, certain incoming water temp and pressures will cause vibrations in the part manafesting themselves in a high pitched squeal! How old is the shower? if it is less than 2 years old it will be under warranty and mira will repair f o c . This problem was mainly on showers made between 05 and 08 so i would imagine the warranty has expired, if it has mira charge £129.00 for a repair . Alternatively buy the part (no 1563.507 ) from uk shower spares and get your plumber to replace it. Where do you live?

You need to replace the flow valve, certain incoming water temp and pressures will cause vibrations in the part manafesting themselves in a high pitched squeal! How old is the shower? if it is less than 2 years old it will be under warranty and mira will repair f o c . This problem was mainly on showers made between 05 and 08 so i would imagine the warranty has expired, if it has mira charge £129.00 for a repair . Alternatively buy the part (no 1563.507 ) from uk shower spares and get your plumber to replace it. Where do you live?
Hi dyson 20 thanks for you reply,i asume this problem will only get worse,
but luckly i looked through paper work and still have some cover.by the way i live in mid wales. thanks Tom. :rolleyes:

The problem shouldn't get any worse really, in fact it may get better as incoming water temperatures change.Give the customer service dept a ring they should get an engineer out within a few days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back