Mira Srint 9.5 Tripping out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all sorry for the 'URGENT' request however it is
Anyway We have a Mira Sprint 9.5kw, was working perfectly, aside from occasional low flow issues which were always solved by clearing out the internal filter.
Anyway I digress, the shower is currently tripping the fuse when ever the top dial (power?) is turned from the lowest setting (three settings, hollow water drop, signle filled drop and two filled drops) Works fine on the hollow drop setting but this just allows water to flow through no heat, switch to any of the others and pop, everything on the shower circuit trips out. Makes no difference where the temp dial is set to.
Have had a quick nose. Checked the solenoid and I am reading 4(ish) Kohms (Analogue meter set to x1K Ohms) Also stuck the meter across the temp cut off thing on top of the tank and read 0 ohms so assume thats fine as well? Power switch works fine, full power coming into unit etc.
Any ideas on what to check or likely diagnosis? Need to get someway to sorting as I am meant to be leaving on a course today for a week and dont want to leave the other half and little one without at least some idea on the shower.
All help GREATLY appreciated so thanks in advance.
Joe

Sponsored Links
As said you've more likley got a failed heating element.
Check the element for resistance should be 10 - 18 ohms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back