Mira shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - we moved into a property last year which has an old Mira Essentials electric shower fitted. All was fine until one morning the shower started pouring out scalding hot water regardless of what the temperature setting was at. The overheat and low pressure warning lights also come on, although if I reduce the flow to medium rather than high it gives lukewarm water.

I assume the shower is goosed but I've noticed that if I increase the water pressure in our Worcester 24i combi boiler to about 2 bar it seems to resolve the problem for a few days (although the warning lights still come on) before the pressure slowly drops again to about 1.5 bar and I have the same issue as before. Dont understand why the pressure of the boiler would impact on the shower, which should just run off the cold water pipe :?:

Is it time for a trip to B+Q for a new shower, or am I missing something else that could be to blame?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back