Mira Eclipse trips out the RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a Mira eclipse shower that has just developed a fault after a few yrs faithful service. On starting the shower the unit trips out the RCD. I've checked all the cabling back to the CU, all connections are tight and after receipt of some other advice, have checked the solenoid and have a reading of k3.68ohms.

On testing again, the same thing - trip out the RCD. Are there any other tests I could do to try and pinpoint the fault? In opening up the casing, there only seems to be wires to the solenoid, power button, two mico switches, a power on led, a low water flow led and the heater itself. I guess it can't be that complicated, just need some friendly advice and methods of testing.

Thanks anyway.
Paul

Moderator: Please remove the following text if prohibited.
For reference, an exploded view of the unit is available at http://www.showerdoc.com/shower-spares/mira/mira-parent-10-mira-escape

Sponsored Links
most likely culprit will be the element (no 5 on the drawing) leaking to earth but you may need a insulation tester (megger) to test it as your multimeter might not pick it up.
Is the RCD a dedicated one for the shower? or does it protect more than one circuit?

Matt

Sponsored Links
Got it sorted thanks. Heater was OK, as were the different settings. Traced back to a microswitch that had burnt out.

Thanks for prompt responses and advice. Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back