Mira Vigour shower, no powerful

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Mira Vigour shower that has been extremely noisy and not very powerful. On advice on Youtube, checked with the cover off and saw the motor was sparking significantly. From the Youtube article I proceeded to change the carbon brushes with some I bought online for this model. After changing, I no longer have any sparks, but the motor is not running at all, so the only pressure I have is mains water pressure. Any suggestions or does the shower need replacing? NB, turn off taps in the loft aren't great, still a trickle coming out after turning off, so probably a plumber job to replace.

Sponsored Links
Did you fit the brushes correctly? Are they free to move in and out? Are any connecting wires properly connected to the motor?

Is the motor buzzing/humming? Can you post a close photo? It might show possible problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back