Power shower on mains hot and cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'm about to have my boiler/ hot water tank replaced and converted to un-vented, which will leave the hot and cold water balanced at 3.5bar.
I have two showers - one with a pump - easy: just remove the pump - and a Mira Vigour thermostatic power shower.

My question is please: what should I do with the power shower? Do I need to replace it with a mixer or can I fit pressure reducers to the hot and cold feeds to bring it down to the 1bar max that Mira state?

Thanks for your views...

Paul.

Sponsored Links
If the MI states 1 bar, then I would recommend doing as you intend, reduce the pressure.

Although the MI does state that the shower must not be installed to a un-vented high pressure system?

So it looks like you need a replacement!

Last edited:
You'll have to bin it off. You cant pump the company main and not only that youll blow all the connections on the inside

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back